50 Sentences of Simple Past Tense (Affirmative, Negative, Questions)
The simple past tense is used to express an action or situations which occurred in the past and are finished. Generally, it is used to express the following events or situations.
- Events in the past that are finished or happened at a specific time in the past.
- The situation in the past.
- Series of actions in the past happening one after another.
Sentences of Simple Past Tense
We have narrated 50 sentences (affirmative, negative, and questions) of simple past tense. To learn more, check the below link.
Simple Past Tense (Examples, Formula and Exercise)
- Steve came to my house last week.
- I went to college 3 years ago.
- He ate dinner 1 hour ago.
- I slept well last night.
- I lived in Bangkok for 5 years (I don’t live there anymore).
- He entered a room, lit a cigarette, and smiled at the guests.
- The teacher said that the earth moves around the sun.
- The teacher taught the lesson well.
- The baby cried in the cradle.
- She left the town for good.
- The teacher marked the answer books of students.
- I threw the wood into the water, but it did not sink.
- We used to take a bath in the tubewell.
- I used to play the flute.
- I acted upon your advice.
- It rained heavily last night.
- I used to go to the hill station. (I no more go there)
- John entered the hall to attend the party.
- My father told me that an honest person is always satisfied.
- I studied Spanish two years ago.
- Exercise helped him a lot to maintain his health.
- We went for a walk to enjoy the weather۔
- He did a great favor to me.
- He devoted himself to biotechnology research.
- The sailor swam across the river.
- I traveled to Rome three years ago.
- They followed her everywhere.
- He turned his laziness into activity.
- He whitewashed the house a month ago.
- I used to live in a village. I shifted to a city a year ago.
- The moon did not appear yesterday.
- He did not listen to me.
- He did not cut the tree.
- They did not attend the party.
- You did not respond to my mail.
- He did not sleep well because he was sick.
- She did not even bother to answer me.
- The company did not increase my salary last year.
- He did not follow the footsteps of his parents.
- The mason did not leave the work incomplete.
- Did you reach home safely?
- Did he demand a fair price for the rabbit?
- Where did she go?
- Did you go to the hill station last Sunday?
- Why did you laugh?
- Why did you insist?
- Did you receive the salary yesterday?
- Did your friend sit alone in the dark?
- Did you pass the exam last year?
- Why did you speak loudly?
Read also: 12 Verb Tenses with Examples
This article could detail so much more 🙁 Would you expand on it in the future?