Interjections Definition and Examples | Interjections Anchor Chart
Interjections Definition and Examples
An interjection is a word that expresses some sudden feeling. For example, oh! ah! alas! etc.
- ha ha
Phrases / Clauses used as interjection
- ah me!
- alack, a day!
- for shame!
- good heavens!
- how wonderful!
- luck with it!
- o dear me!
- well done!
Use of interjections on some occasions.
|Pleasure / Joy||Aha! hurrah! huzza! cheers!|
|Sorrow||Aah! alas! oh!|
|Wonder||O! really what! wonderful!|
|Appreciation||Bravo! well done!|
|Attention||hello! hush! look!|
- Hurrah! we have got the scholarship.
- What a beautiful girl she is!
- Alas! Her mother has died.
- What a lovely flower it is!
- Bravo! my son, you have done an excellent piece of work.
- Congrats! you completed your graduation.
- Oh, I’d love to come here again.
- Ah! there is the lion.
- “Hi, Rita,” he said softly.
-> 8 Parts of Speech with Examples
-> Parts of Speech Posters