Examples of Future Perfect Continuous Tense
Future perfect continuous tense is used to describe an action that will be in progress at a specific time in the future. It is similar to present perfect continuous tense, except that it focuses on an action that will be completed at a specific point in the future rather than just having been completed recently.
20 Examples of Future Perfect Continuous Tense
- Will you have been waiting long?
- By 2025 I will have been working here for ten years.
- I will have been studying for two hours when you get home.
- We will have been working late next week by the time our boss returns from vacation.
- She will have been teaching for five years when she becomes principal of the school.
- We will have been living here for three years by the time we buy our first house.
- He will have been looking for a new house for two months when he finds one he likes.
- By springtime, they will have been living in their new home for over six months.
- I will have been cooking dinner for two hours by the time the children get home.
- By 10 pm today, I will have been reading this book for three hours.
- By the time he comes home, she will have been working on her project all day long.
- When you arrive at your office tomorrow morning, your boss will have been waiting for you for twenty minutes.
- We‘ll have been studying for five hours when we finish our homework tonight.
- The plane will have been flying all night when we land in Sydney early Friday morning after stopping over in Tokyo first.
- He‘ll have been working at that company for twenty years by the time he retires.
- By the time we leave for vacation, we‘ll have been looking forward to it for weeks.
- We‘ll have been driving for eight hours by the time we reach our destination.
- By the time the new semester starts next week, we‘ll have been living in this apartment for almost three years.
- By the time we get to the airport, we will have been driving for three hours.
- By the time they finish building their new house, they‘ll have been renovating their current one for three months.