If you have learned the verb tenses, you will have learned the future perfect tense. If not, then read this post.
In this post, we are narrating future perfect tense examples, formula, rules, and exercises at the end.
The future perfect tense is used to describe the actions that will be finished by some specific time or date in future.
- By then
- By next week /next month / next year
- By the time
Formula / Structure
The formula of affirmative, negative and question sentences is given here.
Formula for affirmative sentences.
Subject + will/shall have + past participle(V3) + object
He/She/It/I/We/They/You + will have + past participle
- He will have passed the exam by the end of this year.
- She will have completed her Europe tour by next month.
Subject + will/shall have + not + past participle(V3) + object
- He will not have passed the exam by the end of this year.
- She will not have completed her Europe tour by next month.
Shall/will + subject + have + past participle(V3) + object + ?
- Will he have passed the exam by the end of this year?
- Will she have completed her Europe tour by next month?
Rules / Usage
|To show the action which will be finished by some specific time in future.||She will have baked the cake by 5 o’clock tomorrow.|
|To show some certain action that will be finished/completed||He will have celebrated his birthday by 12 o’clock tonight.|
Future Perfect Tense Examples
- I will have visited Paris by the end of this year.
- Roshana will have taken her meal by 2 o’clock tomorrow.
- I shall have stopped taking this medicine by March next.
- Jimmy will have attended the business meeting next Monday.
- The chef will have baked the cake for a birthday.
- The manager will have left the company by the end of this year.
- I will have learned grammar lessons until next month.
- He will have finished writing this novel by the end of next month.
- She will have drunk three cups of coffee until this evening.
- He will have stopped responding to my emails.
- Tom will have taken dinner by 9 p.m.
- He will have returned back by next week.
- They _______________ till 7 o’clock. (arrive)
- I ________________ this novel twice by next week. (read)
- The company ______________ a bonus salary for its employees by the end of this year. (announce)
- What will you _______________ by the time you are 50. (do)
- Tom _______________ roses until tomorrow. (plant)
- The sales manager ______________ the target of sales by the end of this quarter. (achieve)
- When will they _______________? (arrive)
- Tom _______________ by the time he is sixty. (retire)
- I ______________ a lot of money by the time I am 40. (earn)
- All the leaves _______________ from the tree by the end of autumn. (fall)
- They will have arrived till 7 o’clock.
- I will have read this novel twice by next week.
- The company will have announced a bonus salary for its employees by the end of this year.
- What will you have done by the time you are 50?
- Tom will have planted roses until tomorrow.
- The sales manager will have achieved the target of sales by the end of this quarter.
- When will they have arrived?
- Tom will have retired by the time he is sixty.
- I will have earned a lot of money by the time I am 40.
- All the leaves will have fallen from the tree by the end of autumn.