Future continuous/progressive tense is used to describe the action that will be taking place at some time in the future. In other words, it is used to tell what someone plans on doing, or has planned to do, at some point in the near future. The future continuous tense is often used in business and formal writing.
Read also: 12 Tenses with Examples
In future continuous tense, we use present participle.
Formula for affirmative sentences.
Subject + will be + present participle + object
- He/She/It/I/We/They + will be + present participle.
- She will be taking her lesson in music in the morning.
- He will be reading the paper then.
- You will be driving the car this evening.
Subject + will not be + present participle + object
- She will not be taking her lesson in music in the morning.
- He will not be reading the paper then.
- You will not be driving the car this evening.
Interrogative Sentences (Questions)
Will + subject + be + present participle + object + ?
- Will she be taking her lesson in music in the morning?
- Will he be reading the paper then?
- Will you be driving the car this evening?
Read also: 50 Sentences of Future Continuous Tense
|To show the action that will be ongoing at some specific time in future.||They will be playing basketball at 9 p.m. tomorrow.|
|To show an action that will definitely happen in future.||They will be celebrating their first anniversary next week.|
|To show a routine action that will be happening in future.||He will be attending the meeting on the first Monday of the next month.|
|To ask about anyone’s future plan.||Will you be watching movie this evening?|
Future Continuous Tense Examples (20 Sentences)
- They will be playing netball at 11 a.m. tomorrow.
- The students will be taking the exam next month.
- He will be sitting idle then.
- Jon will be spending the vacation in Austria.
- The workers will be leaving the office after performing the duty.
- She will be learning French.
- Will he be going abroad next week?
- The culprit will be making confession before the court.
- Our leaders will be working day and night for the country’s prosperity.
- She will be going to Spain next Sunday.
- They will be taking a rest at 3 o’clock.
- What will you be doing this evening?
- Tom will be working hard to achieve the target.
- The kids will be playing in the park in the evening.
- I will be traveling by air tomorrow.
- She will be plucking flowers.
- He will be sleeping when you call him.
- They will be enjoying the picnic this weekend.
- When will you be playing tennis?
- Next month I will be buying a new laptop.
You may also read: Simple Future Tense with Examples