Future continuous/progressive tense is used to describe the action that will be taking place at some time in the future.
In future continuous tense, we use present participle.
Read also: 12 Tenses with Examples
Formula for affirmative sentences.
Subject + will be + present participle + object
- He/She/It/I/We/They + will be + present participle.
- She will be taking her lesson in music in the morning.
- He will be reading the paper then.
- You will be driving the car this evening.
Subject + will not be + present participle + object
- She will not be taking her lesson in music in the morning.
- He will not be reading the paper then.
- You will not be driving the car this evening.
Interrogative Sentences (Questions)
Will + subject + be + present participle + object + ?
- Will she be taking her lesson in music in the morning?
- Will he be reading the paper then?
- Will you be driving the car this evening?
|To show the action that will be ongoing at some specific time in future.||They will be playing basketball at 9 p.m. tomorrow.|
|To show an action that will definitely happen in future.||They will be celebrating their first anniversary next week.|
|To show a routine action that will be happening in future.||He will be attending the meeting on first Monday of the next month.|
|To ask about anyone’s future plan.||Will you be watching movie this evening?|
Future Continuous Tense Examples (20 Sentences)
- They will be playing netball at 11 a.m. tomorrow.
- The students will be taking the exam next month.
- He will be sitting idle then.
- Jon will be spending vacations in Austria.
- The workers will be leaving the office after performing the duty.
- She will be learning French.
- Will he be going abroad next week?
- The culprit will be confessing his crime before the court.
- Our leaders will be working day and night for the prosperity of the country.
- She will be going to Spain next Sunday.
- They will be taking rest at 3 o’clock.
- What will you be doing this evening?
- Tom will be working hard to achieve the target.
- The kids will be playing in the park in the evening.
- I will be traveling by air tomorrow.
- She will be plucking flowers.
- He will be sleeping when you call him.
- They will be enjoying the picnic this weekend.
- When will you be playing tennis?
- Next month I will be buying a new laptop.
You may also read: Simple Future Tense with Examples