Use of There is – There are in sentences.
There is – used for singular
There are – used for plural
There is – There are Sentences
- There are two hundred rooms in this building.
- There are many paintings on the wall.
- There are many beautiful places in Paris we can visit.
- There is a beautiful fish in the glass case.
- There are 54 countries in Africa.
- There are millions of stars and planets in this universe.
- There are many books on the table.
- There are red and white roses in the flower pot.
- There are several online courses for learning French.
- There are amazing swings in the park.
- There are a lot of people in the ground.
- There is a beautiful deer in the zoo.
- There are several departments in this university.
- There is an Australian parrot in the cage.
- There are a lot of lacunas in the report.
- There is too much red tape in government offices.
- There is only one window in this room.
- Don’t go out; there is a chance of rain.
- There are some bananas in the basket.
- There are 182 commercial and private universities in Tokyo.
- There are more than 100 candidates in the hall.
- There are some fruits in the fridge.
- There are twenty chairs and five tables in the classroom.
- There are only five days until his birthday.
- There are five elephants in the zoo.
- There is a variety of colors in clothing.
- There is a problem with loads of work in this office.
- Don’t lose heart; there is a better plan for you.
- There are seven continents in the world.
- There are 50 sentences in this post.
- There are at least one lac people in the gathering.
- There is no one available for your help.
- There is nothing to mind.
- There is no space for parking the car.
- There is no chance of rain today.
- There is no picture in this book.
- There is no news for you.
- There are no curtains in the room.
- There is no coffee in the mug.
- There is no value of a liar person in society.
- There is no college in this town.
- Are there 100 chairs in this hall?
- Is there water in the glass?
- Is there any letter for me?
- Is there tea in the kettle?
- Are there four people in the room?
We can use contractions with ‘there is’. Contractions are not used with ‘there are’.
- There’s one fan in the room.
- There’s one table in the hall.
- There’s no room for a double bed.
- There’s some milk in the jug.
- There’s no chocolate in the box.
Read also: 50 Sentences of “Is, am, are”